Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:21:51 +0530
From: piyush mittal <piyush.cse29@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bit slice implementation of DES based hashes

Hello,

Sorry for replying too late. I was busy in some urgent work.

 Each bit of what?

Each bit of processor is what I am talking of,like in 64 bit processor each
64 bit will behave as different processor.

According to Eli Biham's paper,In Des Bitslice implementation he considered
processor as a SIMD computer,ie as 64 parallel one bit processor computing
the same instruction.

"To further increase the speed"?  Would there be any speed increase at
> all (compared to a non-bitslice implementation) without this?  And what
> alternative(s) did we have?

Yes.Speed has been increased,like in his paper he told:

In DES, the input of each S box depends only on the output
of only six S boxes in the previous round. Thus, the code can be optimised
to start computing the next round while still computing the preceding one.
This can speed up implementations on pipelined processors, where we can
compute several instances in parallel.

These two are not valid answers to my questions.

Truly speaking I am not getting how B and K is being initialised in JTR
code according to the architecture of processor specified.And if I will be
able to get it then i can also  complete my conversions.However I read its
corresponding header file but then also I am not getting.Even I tried to
take some idea from DES_bs_get_hash() function where we are fetching hash
from B but I am not getting what "B[0] DEPTH" represents and why we have
taken b[0] to b[19].

I am sorry for asking those questions like that, but I think that you're
> missing some of the basics and I am trying to get you to realize what
> exactly you're missing and learn that.

No need to say sorry because in this way I can learn only.And yes its true
that I am missing some basic things as I explained you above.

Thanking You

--
Piyush Mittal
National Institute of Technology,Rourkela

Content of type "text/html" skipped