Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 20:08:21 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.9-jumbo

magnum, Jim -

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 04:47:12PM +0100, magnum wrote:
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2011/11/15/1 explained:
> "Bartavelle's salted-sha1 replaces NSLDAPS (ssha) *and* OPENLDAPS
> (openssha). The same tag {SSHA} is used and it can use both salt
> lengths, which is apparently the only difference between the older ones.
> I think we should just move NSLDAPS and OPENLDAPS to unused."
>
> And dynamic 1008 was just a redundant dynamic.conf version of dynamic_1

Thanks!

Can you please review the below draft summary of changes? -

-jumbo has been rebased on 1.7.9, thereby including the enhancements
made in the main tree since 1.7.8.  (magnum)
http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2011/11/23/2

Support for cracking of RADIUS shared secrets has been added.  (Didier
ARENZANA, JimF)
http://openwall.info/wiki/john/Using-john-to-crack-RADIUS-shared-secrets
(currently these instructions are for Didier's original contribution,
not updated for 1.7.9-jumbo-5 specifically yet)

MSSQL and MySQL hashes computation has been optimized.  (magnum)

Lotus5 hash computation has been optimized, and optional OpenMP
parallelization has been added for it.  (Solar)

x86-64 builds now make use of SSE2 intrinsics for more of the hash and
cipher types.  (magnum)

More i-suffixed make targets have been added (which use an icc-generated
assembly file for SSE2 intrinsics), including for 32-bit x86 builds
(previously, this was only available for x86-64).  (magnum, JimF)

MD4 implementation in hand-written assembly for x86/SSE2 and MMX has
been added.  (Bartavelle, magnum)

Assorted changes to dynamic formats (previously known as "generic MD5")
have been made.  (JimF)

The "pix-md5" format has been converted to be a wrapper of "$dynamic_19$",
which used much faster code.  (JimF)

An alternate implementation of NTLM hashing has been added
(--format=nt2), using Bartavelle's SSE2 intrinsics instead of Alain's
explicit assembly code.  (magnum)

The NSLDAPS and OPENLDAPS formats have been obsoleted in favor of the
salted-sha1 format.  (magnum)
http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2011/11/15/1

A binary build of 1.7.9-jumbo-5 for Windows (including with OpenMP) has
been made.  (Solar)

Alexander