Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 02:33:18 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: External mode (lack of) truncation

On 12/17/2011 12:05 AM, magnum wrote:
> On 12/16/2011 06:58 PM, magnum wrote:
>> On 12/15/2011 10:53 PM, magnum wrote:
>> http://openwall.info/wiki/john/patches#Incrementals-for-1.7.9-Jumbo-4
>>
>> Patch 0001 fixes external mode. I also uploaded four other patches, see
>> wiki for descriptions. The PARA patch should give you a boost for MD5 if
>> using gcc 4.6 and not using pre-built intrinsics. And there are now
>> clauses for clang (which otherwise hit the #ifdef __GCC__ clauses)
>
> Oh, and patch 0006 fixes patch 0005 o.O

Patch 0007 fixes the last regression bugs in mssql05. All linux builds
passes test suite for that format now. New test suite helps a lot for
testing a single format's all combinations of encodings and stuff.

One bug known now. It's in hmacMD5, intrinsics builds (but not asm).
Other than that I'm not aware of any problems.

magnum