Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:30:48 -0600
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: more targets using sse-intrinsics.S

>However, placement of the script in run was wrong.  It is not a script
>that an end-user would run directly, and it is meaningless in a binary
>build of John (that includes doc and run directories, but not src).
>So I've just moved the script to src (and edited the Makefile
>accordingly) for 1.7.9-jumbo-2.

I think this makes a lot of sense.  I put it in run, because I thought you
wanted to keep all executable code there, vs running executable code from
source.  However, it is part of the make processes code, so having it in src
is probably a better way to go.  I put it into run thinking that is where
you would want it.  For me, I really do not care, but for how things work
for other users, that is your realm.

Jim.