Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 03:00:47 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NT2 renamed (was: 2 changes to dynamic format)

2011-12-05 23:29, magnum wrote:
> We do have existing formats where x stands for OSX. We could also just
> rename (the filename of) NT2 to lower case, this will put it at lower
> precedence than NT. Maybe that's better.

I did this renaming (only file name, format label is still nt2) in patch
0038 which also contains a couple more profiling tweaks. I just can't
get it quite as fast as NT except for 32-bit sse2i builds (but that one
is 24% faster for some odd reason!). A 64-bit build is 3% slower on my gear.

It is not really a fair fight though, I believe the NT format reverses
the last step (or whatever you call it) while the intrinsics function
does not. Maybe we could add that as an option for the intrinsics...

magnum