Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 23:15:10 +0530
From: piyush mittal <piyush.cse29@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bit slice implementation of DES based hashes

I found its Algo as follows:

1. Concatenate the username and the password to produce a plaintext string;
2. Convert the plaintext string to uppercase characters;
3. Convert the plaintext string to multi-byte storage format; ASCII
characters have the
high byte set to 0x00;
4. Encrypt the plaintext string (padded with 0s if necessary to the next
even block length)
using the DES algorithm in cipher block chaining (CBC) mode with a fixed
key value of
0x0123456789ABCDEF;
5. Encrypt the plaintext string again with DES-CBC, but using the last
block of the output
of the previous step (ignoring parity bits) as the encryption key. The last
block of the
output is converted into a printable string to produce the password hash
value.

Soon i will convert it into Bit Slice DES.But i don't consider this work to
be good for future because Oracle 11g is now switched to SHA-1.From 7-10g
basically uses DES based hashes.

Thanks

--
Piyush Mittal