Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:34:33 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: hmacMD5 and sse-intrisics.c  (Bartavelle, please look
 at this).

2011-11-16 22:14, jfoug wrote:
> However, for now, let's get sse-intrisics-32.S and sse-intrisics-64.S
> updated to the current .c file.

Pre-built intrinsics fixed in 0028. I also had to fix 64-bit issues in
hmac-md5, posted in 0029. I added a couple self-tests too.

It was using unsigned long, which is 32-bit on x86 but 64-bit on x86-64.
It was easy to guess as I could build a 32-bit sse2i which worked just
fine, using the exact same code path. But 64-bit failed cmp_all until I
replaced "unsigned long" with ARCH_WORD_32.

I think I saw unsigned long's in a couple other formats we changed
recently too. Maybe we should have a look at them, so there are no
hidden bugs caused by this?

magnum