Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 21:33:41 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Open64

2011-11-10 20:49, Solar Designer wrote:
> Speaking of alternative C compilers:
>
> http://www.open64.net/news/single-view/archive/2011/november/10/article/new-release-open64-50-is-available//link//8e787029dc.html
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/open64/files/open64/Open64-5.0/RELEASE-5.0/view
>
> You might want to try this one out as well.

I had a quick (and unfair) look: I tried compiling the intrinsics file
with it. Maybe I did something terribly wrong, it ended up very slow:

I did this:
opencc -S -o sse-intrinsics-64.S sse-intrinsics.c -O3 -fno-builtin
-OPT:Olimit=0 -DUSING_ICC_S_FILE -Wall

And it ended up like this:
Benchmarking: FreeBSD MD5 [12x]... DONE
Raw:	3204 c/s real, 3204 c/s virtual

I tried compiling a whole build too but there was problems linking (I
used alien with the rpm version, maybe that's not the best approach).
I'll continue testing some of these days though.

That EKOPath thing is a lot of hassle with license. They want my MAC
address, my shoe size and the phone number to my little sister. Maybe later.

magnum