Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 22:35:34 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: generic crypt warnings

2011-11-02 08:34, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 10:23:20PM +0100, magnum wrote:
>> When loading generic crypt hashes, warnings are emitted for unrecognised
>> hashes not only in the input file (which is good) but also in the pot
>> file (which is not so good). I've been trying to figure out how to mute
>> them but I'm not sure. Is there a way for valid() to know whether it's
>> given pot hashes or input hashes?
>
> As Jim said, I think we'll need to add a global variable.

This patch seems to do the job but I have a feeling it's not as
straight-forward as it could be. I had a hard time following the code.
I'm posting it to the wiki anyway, maybe it can be improved later.

magnum

View attachment "0039-mute-warnings-from-c3-when-loading-pot-file.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (1804 bytes)