Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 16:44:52 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Patch 0017-j7   This one renames md5_gen to 'dynamic'

The MD5-GEN format has been named to something less 'cipher' specific, since
it handles multiple ciphers.

It will now be known as 'dynamic'.  I have made all of the changes required.
The older md5-gen / md5_gen have been scrubbed.  NOTE, the format will still
handle input lines which have the md5_gen(n) signature.   Also, the 'parser'
will handle scripts which still use the older MD5GenBaseFunc__* functions.
Both of those are deprecated, but will still function.

This is a BIG patch.  From my testing, I think I have all bases covered, but
certainly, this needs other eyes, than mine to test it well.    All
documents have been changed and renamed.  All source files for the format
have been changed, and renamed.  In other words md5_gen is 'gone'.

Jim.

Content of type "text/html" skipped