Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 08:25:48 -0500
From: "JimF" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: 1.7.8-jumbo-6-RC* on Mac OS X

One thing that recently changed, is that I modify the format structure, in
the md5_gen(29) format.  However, I thought I allocated the format
structures I returned back to you, so they should not be in a 'static'
readonly segment.  The 'do-inc-crack' does look strange.  Possibly the
stack-frame is smashed in some way??  Could we have some variable that is
too big, corrupting the stack?  Or something too small, that the strcpy
(listed in your email), is walking past the end?

Jim.