Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:06:20 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.8 Jumbo-6

On 2011-09-17 13:19, magnum wrote:
> On 2011-09-17 08:12, Solar Designer wrote:
>> Would you summarize the changes since -jumbo-5, please - in a form
>> that you feel is suitable for john-users (detailed) and Freshmeat
>> (brief). I'll derive other levels of detail (for other places) from
>> these two.
>
> Here is a first brief collection of all patch descriptions, for a starter:

BTW we also included your own john-1.7.8-external-events.diff, I see
it's not included in core.

À propos core... how about the revised Incremental mode everyone is
hoping for? Can we expect getting that within this year? Perhaps you
could at least share the experimental contest version somewhere? What
problems was found with it?

magnum