Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 16:43:37 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Aleksey's Status Report #16

It is my 16 status report.

Shortly

I did patch for John to check that filter() is defined.
I filled settings page of Johnny.
I plan to continue what I described in report #14.

Priorities:
status,
todos,
clean up,
release.

Longer, a bit offtopic

Summer ends. But I would like to stay involved. I think status reports
is a great thing. So I would like to write them as I did during
summer. Do you mind my status reports?

Also I would be pleased with an advice about productivity because I see
men here which do a lot while I have some problems. Most time of this
summer I had only one task - Johnny. And most time I did it. But
really I had two modes: dreaming and doing. While I dream I have a lot
of ideas that I write down. Then I prioritize them into plan and should
do. But it is very hard for me to cross the line between dreaming and
doing. So when I already should do tasks from my plan I am trying to
keep dreaming but I have too few ideas after some time spent on
dreaming, my productivity falls. I should admit that status reports
force me to switch that modes easily. But status reports are weekly and
I prolonged them regularly to finish even though a portion of my plan.
Maybe you know any tricks to improve productivity for everyday work,
don't you?

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov