Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:50:24 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: pkzip format update

There was a problem with this patch, which Magnum found.  I have released a
0003-pkzip-2.diff patch (version2). This version 2 patches over the top of
the original 0003-pkzip-1 patch.  If you have already installed the first,
then simply patch in the 2nd.  If you have not yet patched in either, then
first do the 0003-pkzip-1.diff then the 0003-pkzip-2.diff.

Stupid memory overwrite bug.   I also loosened up some detection logic in
the -ascii 'test mode'.  I am going to build some test cases, to make sure
that this new logic does not miss any 'valid' passwords. The prior ascii
logic 'could', under certain circumstances.

Jim.