Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:49:58 -0600
From: RB <aoz.syn@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: vowels/consonants

2011/8/16 magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>:
> Maybe I'll change it to be
> treated as a vowel when a codepage is loaded. Actually I think we could set
> it to be treated as both.

Peanut gallery comment here, but the code path and error potential for
treating "fuzzy" vowels differently based on codepage may not be a
sufficient tradeoff for the speed gain.  My off-the-cuff guess is that
just placing dual-use letters in both lists may not be perfectly
accurate but could save a lot of unnecessary complexity.