Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 15:22:54 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: issues with 1.7.8-jumbo-5

On 2011-08-04 01:47, Solar Designer wrote:
> Are you joining us for the contest?
>
> Alexander

Not really, bad timing. But I consider myself a "background member" of
the team - hoping that some of our contributions over the last year will
pay off :-)

Last days I have tried to come up with ideas on how to speed something
(anything!) up for the contest, but nothing came to mind that would be
quick enough a fix. I have made some experiments earlier with smaller
binary size for NT (4 bytes instead of 16) but it's not ready yet and
some mods would be needed from Alain.

magnum