Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:29:10 -0500
From: "JFoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Plugin formats "released"

From: "Solar Designer" <solar@...nwall.com>>
> Oops.  Well, we'll need to adjust the sed expressions to make them
> portable, then.  I am really not comfortable about going back to the
> grep|sed|awk commands, which I expect will fail in more places overall.
>
> What specific version of Solaris are you testing these on?

I did not like the grep|sed|awk command either, but I am far from a regex
god.  I do have a version working, but I want to test it out a little more.
I also have a 2 line PLUGFORMATS_SRCS setting that I am hopeful will work,
and is much more simplistic than it was before:

PLUGFORMATS_SRCS: sh =echo *_plug.c
PLUGFORMATS_SRCS += $(wildcard *_plug.c)
vs
PLUGFORMATS_SRCS = $(wildcard *_plug.c)

Both of these changes seem to get the job done.  Linux/Cygwin and I would be
most POSIX env work great.  Also cranky Solaris stuff builds properly also.

Jim.