Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 02:31:14 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Using the Qt Creator IDE for JtR development

Hi john-dev,

Inspired by the fact that there is already a Wiki page on openwall.info
on how to use JtR with an IDE, more specific Netbeans
(http://openwall.info/wiki/john/development#Setting-up-JtR-in-an-IDE),
here's a post on my blog on how to use Qt Creator for native Linux
development with Nmap given as an example:

http://shinnok.com/rants/2011/07/18/using-the-qt-creator-ide-with-non-qt-projects/

And bonus, Linux Man Pages integration with Qt Creator:
http://shinnok.com/rants/2011/07/19/linux-man-pages-integration-with-qt-creator/

Adapting the configuration steps from Nmap to JtR is pretty
straightforward, by omitting the configure in this step:
http://cdn.shinnok.com/rants/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/qt-creator-step-4.png

And using the respective jtr makefile SYSTEM argument for the "Make
arguments" text box, for e.g. this works fine for me:
linux-x86-mmx -j4

Screens:
http://trunk.shinnok.com/qt-creator-jtr-1.png
http://trunk.shinnok.com/qt-creator-jtr-2.png
http://trunk.shinnok.com/qt-creator-jtr-3.png
http://trunk.shinnok.com/qt-creator-jtr-4.png

Hopefully, this will be useful for someone, even though John doesn't use
that many api's or has that big of a code base to require the need of an
IDE.

Regards,
Shinnok