Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:28:22 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Lukas's Status Report - #9 of 15

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:10:08AM +0200, ?ukasz Odzioba wrote:
> Last week I:
> -worked on pbkdf2
> -significantly improved md5-crypt cuda patch performance
> (http://kaims.pl/~ukasz/gsoc/md5-crypt_chart.html)

So you got around 350k c/s on GTX 460.  That's good.  How does it
compare to oclhashcat?  My guess is that it's about twice slower, is
that right?  Of course, being slower is not great, but we're getting
somewhere. :-)

> -worked on phpass and sha256 performance but without any satisfying results.

OK.  I am most interested in improvements to sha512crypt, though.

> -sent gsoc midterm evaluation
>
> Because it's midterm time I want to focus on implementing previous
> algorithms for AMD devices.
> This week:
> -develop phpass patch in OpenCL
> -finish pbkdf2

Sounds good.

> I am aware of being behind the schedule, so I'll try to work harder to
> compensate that.

Yes, it be nice to see some (working) OpenCL code from you soon.

Thank you!

Alexander