Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 01:40:08 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Aleksey's Status Report - #9 of 15

It is my 9 status report.

I rewrote my simple gui for John using Qt:
http://aleksey.googlecode.com/files/john_simple_gui_qt.001.7z . I did
not make prebuilt binaries so to try it it is needed to have qt
development tools (for me it is qt-sdk package).

It looks only a little different with my old simple gui. I reduced first
output line field with other output into one output field. Another
difference is that now it is possible to stop John because interface are
not blocked while John works.

It was not hard and did not need alot of code from me. It seems to me
that Qt is somewhat easier than WxWidgets. So shorter code in Qt makes
more than bigger code in WxWidgets. Of course this could be caused by
speciality of this task. In any case now i have good feelings about
coding with Qt.

So now i will switch my attention to Johnny as i wrote last time.

Priorities:
set up repo,
start coding Johnny,
describe course.