Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:12:18 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: some formats not testing in test suit 1.0.1 on Linux
 x86 64-bit

On 2011-06-20 22:43, Robert B. Harris wrote:
> john-Dev,
> I just built the Linux 64-bit version of JtR with jumbo 6 (statically
> linked).
> When I run the test suit v.1.0.1, I get several formats that don't
> have the expected 1320 values.
> In fact, several formats say they can't run on this build of John.
> I'm running on Owl 3.0-stable 2011/03/12 x86 64-bit  (which has
> OpenSSL v1.0.0d).
> I haven't tried on x86 32-bit, but will shortly.
> Is this expected, but not documented?  Something else?

Most of your problems are md5_gen formats that currently auto-disable on
64-bit, that's normal. You may have a problem with HDAA, if anything. I
get 1320 from HDAA on linux-x86-64. Otoh, I use to get md5_gen(7)
disabled! I'm not sure why you got it and I don't. Jim knows more but
he's a bit short on time right now.

Try each of the failing ones manually, like this:

$ ./john -test -fo=md5_gen\(7\)
Unknown ciphertext format name requested

The above suggests there was no problem, other than it is disabled. Had
it been known, but failing, there would be a problem.

BTW, as discussed earlier, mscash is currently supposed to fail the test
suite (with something like 22/23 guesses) as released, unless you
replaced the test files yourself.

magnum

Content of type "text/html" skipped