Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:38:58 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Subject: Re: Aleksey's Status Report - #5 of 15

Hi Aleksey,

When do you think you'll be finishing up with school and be able to
start working on the GUI? There's is no pressure attached to this
question, I am only asking just to be able to better gauge some of the
ideas I have in mind and to free up some time on my side.

Some proposals I have:

1. Since you've started picking up on Qt, after a brief discussion
with Solar, we decided it would be best if you start working on the
scratch poc I already did for JtR(https://github.com/shinnok/johnny),
since that demo is already a good start. Read 2.
2. Another thing would be that I would like to work along with you on
the same project, that is, I would like to contribute code in parallel
with you, not just advice and guidelines. This way we are two forces
contributing on the some project(our project, :D), and we can achieve
more then if only one of us were to do coding, although my
contribution would be limited because of my current assignment to Nmap
part of GSoC, it is still a great thing if you ask me.
3. We will most likely contribute on the some repo, somewhere remote,
and my proposal is Github. Are you ok with using Git? We can use the
current github url for Johnny, unless Solar finds time and decides to
host us a git repo somehwere on *.openwall.com. Besides Github, there
is gitourious(http://gitorious.org/), if you have something against
Github. :-)

Regards,

--