Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 04:36:36 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: John 1.7.7-jumbo-5

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 09:03:41AM -0500, JFoug wrote:
> Freshmeat:  (588 bytes with line breaks removed)
>
> ----------------------------
> Intrinsic SSE code added (faster 64 bit).
> md5_generic format: enhancements, new subformats, sped up for non SSE
> builds.
> -utf8 option, supports unicode in several formats, plus utf8 support in
> rules engine.
> MPI/OMP code added to many formats.
> Structural fmt_main changes, including new 'prepare' function (simplifies
> loader.c).
> New formats: mskrb5, rawMD5unicode and salted_sha1.
> Enhancements to markov engine.
> ETA shown for inc runs, and other status improvements.
> New options in unique program.
> Many formats significantly improved in performance.
> Numerous build and runtime issues fixed.
> ----------------------------

Thank you.  This has helped me a lot.  I started with the above, and
made edits to make it more Freshmeat-friendly:

MD5 and SHA-1 based hashes have been sped up with SSE2 intrinsics.
md5_gen has been expanded with more hash types.
UTF-8 support has been added ("--utf8").
MPI parallelization support for all cracking modes has been integrated.
OpenMP parallelization support has been added to more hash types.
New formats have been added: mskrb5 (offline attack on MS Kerberos 5
pre-authentication data), rawMD5unicode (MD5 of UCS-2 encoded
plaintext), and salted_sha1 (faster handling of some LDAP {SSHA} hashes).
The "unique" program, Markov mode, ETA display, and programming interfaces
have been enhanced.

(The line breaks will be replaced with spaces.)

I hope I did not introduce any errors.  I'll proceed to submit this now.

Alexander