Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 10:59:14 -0700
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Status Report [3 of 15]

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:
> 1. Fix building of ssh patch on Owl 3 which uses an older version of OpenSSL.
> 2. Add sanity checks to unssh utility and ssh_fmt.c.

Done and new patches uploaded to wiki

Current Benchmarks:

$ ../run/john -test -format=ssh # Intel i5 CPU 750  @ 2.67GHz
Benchmarking: ssh [32/64]... DONE
Many salts:	324384 c/s real, 81915 c/s virtual
Only one salt:	324672 c/s real, 81575 c/s virtual

TODO: PKCS#8 and PuTTY ppk file format support (both are low priority for now)

> 3. Extend drar to support rar files created using "rar -p" option.
> 4. Start working towards adding zip file support to JtR.

Instead of working on these items, I have started integrating PDFCrack
(http://pdfcrack.sourceforge.net/) into JtR. I hope to have a first
patch released soon (unpdf tool is done so far, working on pdf_fmt.c's
crypt_all() code now).

--
Cheers,
Dhiru