Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 13:42:17 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: John 1.7.7-jumbo-5

Jim, magnum -

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 07:48:27PM -0500, JFoug wrote:
> But all of these are on hold right now, until Solar locks down and
> officially releases the code in jumbo-5.

Is it a request for me to take your latest jumbo RC from the wiki,
review/test it, and release it officially?  I guess it's time to do that -
I just want to make sure the two of you are done with your round of
changes.

I need two summaries of changes, with different level of detail.  Both
must be relative to 1.7.7-jumbo-1.  One of these should be suitable for
posting to john-users and announce lists.  The other should be suitable
for Freshmeat - 600 chars max - and I'll also use it as source material
for Openwall's news web page, and to come up with a tweet (which must be
even shorter, obviously).  Please take a look at some past Freshmeat
announcements to get an idea of what this short summary should look
like: http://freshmeat.net/projects/john

Please note that Freshmeat does not allow including credit in the
changes summary (who added what).  However, I like including credit in
the john-users and announce postings, and on the Openwall website
(there's usually no space for this in tweets, unfortunately).  So please
include this info in the longer summary of changes, but not in the one
that you'll need to fit in 600 chars.

Thank You!

Alexander