Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 23:38:05 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: --show=left

I hate it that I don't get the whole original input line when using
--show=left, especially when debugging. Is there any good (i.e. easy)
way to get that? I looked briefly at the code, I guess we don't have
that information at that time?

I currently have to do this to see why one password in my test file
failed (it was a hundreds of characters long garbage line from the
Rockyou list, nothing was wrong really :)

$ grep -E "`./john l0phtcrack.8859_1.in -show=left|cut -d: -f2|cut -d$
-f3`" l0phtcrack.8859_1.in

magnum