Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 09:59:28 -0500
From: "JFoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Cc: "Dhiru Kholia" <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
Subject: Re: John 1.7.7-jumbo-5

I can work on getting that in.  Is it ready for a jumbo patch?  That means,
will it not impact builds or running on systems which can not handle it
(non-openMP), yet build properly and run properly on all systems IF they can
support it.  If not, it will have to be looked into it, and appropriate
#defines need sprikled in.

I would really rather put this into the todo list for Jumbo-6.  Jumbo-6 (or
later number), will start adding new features again. New formats, new build
techniques, thin formats, etc.

That next jumbo, would probably be the best, and safest time to get this
format into a john jumbo version.  Get it in there, do some testing to make
sure it works properly when it should, and does not impact builds where it
can not be included, etc.

Jim.