Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 18:21:10 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SSE bug still there in Jumbo-5-RC6++

Maybe the problem lies somewhere else and overwrites something in
NSLDAP. I have traced the raw-MD4 segfault to be caused by
raw-md5-unicode or MD5_go overwriting *out in raw_MD4's get_binary()
before it is ever used. This makes it never get alloced... and it points
to 0x67. Bang.

If I disable raw-md5-unicode (by placing a "return 0" in valid()) the
fault goes away. If I instead disable the "thatsworking" selftest (still
in raw-md5-unicode) the fault goes away too. But that is just 12
characters out of max 53 so I'm not sure what is wrong.

BTW if I revert the NSLDAP part of the latest SSE2 patch, NSLDAP is fine
both in --test and all 1320 in testsuite, 32 or 64 bit.

I also have problems with mssql on linux-x86-64 (test stuite only)

magnum

If I disable the raw-md5-unicode format (