Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 13:11:34 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: jumbo-1 SSE testing

Found the bug in mssql05.   The format continued to += the 'total_len'
variable each new salt (same passwords).  Thus, each loop through the
crypt_all for the next salt would add 4 bytes length to each crypt input.
The code did not add more bytes, but overwrote them properly. However, it
'claimed' the length to grow 4 bytes each loop through.

Thus, it was busted for anything over 1 salt at a time.

Again, this brings back the case I made a few months back.  That is that
john's self test only tests 1 salt, and not multi-salt senerios.

Jim.