Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 17:39:28 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Jumbo-3 RC3 released

There are build problems brought up in RC2 (for many systems).

RC3 fixes this.  It also changes any usages of OpenBSD to FreeBSD.

I have placed a jumbo-3-RC3 patch, a jumbo2-to-Jumbo-3.RC3 AND a jumbo-3-RC2-to-RC3 patch (they should all end up with the same results, but are to be used to patch different setups).

I have talked with Magnum about this already, letting him know that the jumbo-4-RC1 and jumbo-5-RC1 which are both based off of the broken Jumbo-3-RC2 will need to be updated.   I will not be able to put any time into this for several hours.  He may take care of this before I am able to get to it.   However, the j3-RC2-to-RC3 patch can easily be applied to a jumbo-4-RC1 or jumbo-5-RC1 and correct the problem, prior to a RC2 being produced for these 2 jumbos.

NOTE, if you have downloaded one of these jumbos, and it built properly, then there is no reason to worry about this patch.  Any build that is MMX or SSE should have no problem.  Most other builds will.

Jim.