Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 23:13:03 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: patches to integrate into jumbo

On 2011-05-07 17:41, jfoug wrote:
> Also, the test suite, might not be a bad jumbo addition.  But before we do
> that, we need to make SURE that it is doing what we want it to.  It also is
> not small.  It is 2mb compressed, so is a rather large thing.  It would be
> nice to add a 'make test' that would perform a john -test=1 and run the
> suite.  What say others about that?

IMO it's not to be included in the normal distributions, but it should
be packed nicely and used by all contributors. It could even be
mentioned in the "how to make patches" page as a mandatory step.

With "packed nicely" I mean it should be a tar file (or even a "normal"
patch") that sets things up so you can just sit in the src directory as
usual, and do

make clean && make thisorthat
make test

...and this would launch the "tstall" script. It is already very nice,
but having it available directly with "make test" would be excellent.

magnum