Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 09:24:55 +0200
From: Jean-Philippe Aumasson <jeanphilippe.aumasson@...il.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Passwords13 Bergen

Hi,

after Passwords13 Las Vegas, Per and Jeremi organize Passwords13 Norway, in
Bergen on December 2-3.

The PasswordsCon website has been updated with a new design showing Bergen
by night (see http://passwordscon.org/bergen/), and we've prepared the CFP
and submission form below:

(there's no strict deadline, submit ASAP and possibly before the conference)

CALL FOR PAPERS
============================

PasswordsCon asks for submissions on topics for Passwords13 Bergen,
including but not limited to:

- Password hashing functions
  * New algorithms & constructions
  * Cryptanalytic attacks on classical security notions
  * Hardness circumvention attacks
  * Formal definitions and proofs
  * Implementation on users' platforms
  * APIs

- Attacking password hashes
  * CPU/GPU coding
  * Online/offline password guessing and cracking
  * Distributed attacks
  * Ruleset generation & optimization
  * Hardware implementation (ASIC, FPGA)
  * Password profiling of people (patterns, habits)

- Passwords security and usability
  * Empirical studies
  * Strength metrics
  * Mobility issues
  * Policies
  * Password management software

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

To submit to PasswordsCon, fill the submission form below,
and email it to cfp@...swordscon.org

Submissions mainly consist of a description of the presentation
proposal and of information on the speaker.  We do NOT require the
submission of a formal original paper.

REVIEW PANEL

Submissions with be evaluated by a panel of experts, including:

- Per Thorsheim (chair)
- Jean-Philippe Aumasson
- Jeremi Gosney

SUBMISSION FORM
============================

Please fill out this form in its entirety, and email to cfp@...swordscon.org

If you wish to submit several presentations, please fill different forms
for different submissions.

== SPEAKER ==

- Name or handle:
- Primary email:
- Primary mobile number:

If you are accepted we can publish your social media information on
the speaker page. If you want your information made public so that
attendees can contact you or follow your work, please list it here.

- Twitter handle:
- Facebook page:
- IRC nickname & network:

- Bio (Professional history, achievements, bragging points. Let people
  know who you are, and why you're qualified to speak on this topic.):

== PRESENTATION ==

- Title:

- Abstract (max 200 chars):

- Details (max 1000 chars):

- Is there a demonstration? (Y/N)

- Are you releasing a new tool? (Y/N)

- How much time does your presentation require? (15, 30, or 60 minutes)

- Has this presentation been given in any other venue or conference?
  (Y/N) Y (no yet, in a week, private conference)

- We will provide one LCD projector, a microphone, and an internet
  connection.  Will your presentation require any additional equipment?
  (Y/N, explain.)

- Any special requests for your presentation?

== TERMS AND CONDITIONS ==

By submitting you agree to the Terms and Conditions below. Please read
and accept these terms by inserting your name in the appropriate area,
otherwise your application will be considered incomplete and returned to
you.

1) I warrant that the above work has not been previously published
elsewhere, or if it has, that I have obtained permission for its
publication, and that I will promptly supply the PasswordsCon committee
with wording for crediting the original publication and copyright owner.

2) If I am selected for presentation, I hereby give PasswordsCon
permission to duplicate, record and redistribute this presentation;
including, but not limited to, the conference proceedings, video, audio,
hand outs(s) to the conference attendees for educational, on-line and
all other purposes.

3) I will include a detailed bibliography as either a separate document
or included within the presentation of all resources cited and/or used
in my presentation.

4) I will complete my presentation within the time allocated to me - not
running over the time allocation.

5) I understand that PasswordsCon will provide 1 LCD projector feed, 1
microphone, and internet connectivity. I understand that I am
responsible for providing all other necessary equipment, including
laptops (with VGA output), to complete my presentation.

6) I understand that I will be responsible for my own hotel and travel
expenses.

I, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, have read the Term and Conditions and agree to the
terms as detailed.

Content of type "text/html" skipped