Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:09:16 -0300
From: Yuri Gonzaga <yuriggc@...il.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: alternative approach

> In other words, you synthesized, tested for correct operation, then made
> incorrect changes/optimizations, synthesized again, did not test,
> reported the results for the latter revision of the code (non-working).
> Is this the correct understanding?

Yes. Exactly!

OK.  That PDF shows the smallest LUT count for the full pcadd(), as
> opposed to the various alternatives.  This is inconsistent with your
> earlier statement that you got reduced LUT count when you tried
> replacing pcadd() with the shorter expressions.  Which is right?

The earlier statement is inconsistent because I used the source code with
error.
So, the right results are those reported recently.

Here's what I think we should start doing:
> Each time you report synthesis results, please provide two files: one
> file with full source code (something-someversion.v) and the other with
> synthesis results (something-someversion.html or .pdf or whatever).
> If you need to provide 4 results - such as for different pcadd()'s -
> provide a total of 8 files.
> This involves some overhead, but our approach so far is obviously not
> reliable enough.
> Ans please use our wiki for file uploads.  For example, create this page:
> http://openwall.info/wiki/crypt-dev/files
> Then your uploaded files will fall under crypt-dev (DokuWiki places them
> one level above the page being edited).
> How does this sound to you?

Sounds great!
I created the wiki page you suggested and uploaded the 8 files (sources +
pdfs) of bflike.
Please, take a look and tell me if everything is right or not.

Thank you!

---
Yuri Gonzaga Gonçalves da Costa

Content of type "text/html" skipped