Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 01:13:38 -0300
From: Yuri Gonzaga <yuriggc@...il.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Yuri's Status Report - #3 of 15

Hi, you all!

I am sorry for reporting my results only in the last moment.
I had a very busy week.

   - Accomplishments:
      - Receiving of Google's welcome package
         - Account registration and card setting up
      - Full Eksblowfish using Xilinx's RAM
         - Results in a separate email
      - Installation of Pico E-101 files for Linux
         - I am using an Ubuntu 10.4 64-bit guest OS on VMware Workstation 7
         - I had some trouble to put everything to work. Everytime the demo
         example tried to communicate to the board it complained the
device was busy.
         So, after several attempts, I figured out a workaround: a
process called
         usbtest was locking the device. Then, before running any
application, I have
         to call "sudo rmmod usbtest". It solved!
         - Unfortunately, I spent so much time to set the VM and run the
         demo example properly that I couldn't start to interface my own
         applications.
      - Get circuit diagram from Xilinx results
         - I did this to bflike as reported in another email.
      - Synthesis experimentations in bflike
         - Synthesis for Spartan-6 device, from E-101 board
         - State machine changes was postpone to interface step
         - I couldn't improve pcadd() LUTs count
      - Priorities:
      - Run bflike on the board
         - Report real results
            - Real result means operation time?
         - Interface to the board from software (Linux)
            - Following the demo example, there are a lot of stuff to
            understand in software and hardware sides
               - Hardware side: SPI interface, FIFOs and anything else
               needed to stablish communication using Cypress USB
device (used on e101
               board)
               - Software side: api initialization, write and read routines
            - Revisit JtR to work with bcrypt on the board
            - Actually, I revisited the code to found the right point to
            call hardware.
            - So, I need to finish this task

Anything else?

Regards,