Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 11:22:38 -0300
From: Yuri Gonzaga <yuriggc@...il.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: alternative approach

Hi, Alexander

It is complicated to proposed a new method that doesn't use a combination of
well-known and acceptable hashes/ciphers because of the lack of
certification and acceptance since it take some time to happens, only after
cientific and comercial communities appreciation.
Thus, it is better to our project to use validated hashes/ciphers in order
to achieve acceptance. Also, the time of GSoC will be better spent if we
focus in implement these blocks instead of proposing a new method.
So, my suggestion is that you have to define 3 components: one for CPU,
other for GPU and another for FPGA.
The result of each component will be built in a final result. For example,
do a XOR operation using 3 results or use one output as input in the next
component.
Finally, as you are the expert in this area, I think you should establish
these details so I can go on with the project implementation.

Regards,

Yuri Gonzaga

Content of type "text/html" skipped