Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 16:08:13 -0300
From: Yuri Gonzaga <yuriggc@...il.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bcrypt functionalities implementation in hardware

> BTW, there appears to be an error in the original bcrypt paper.  I think
> actual implementations have the two ExpandKey() calls in the loop
> swapped.  Did you also notice this?  Or am I wrong?

Yes. I have noticed when looked in the actual implementation.
In the paper, as I put on the email, the first call is done with salt as
parameter while the second one is with key.
On the other hand, on the implementation, this sequence is inverted, isn't
it?

This makes sense.  You may do it if it doesn't cost you much logic
> (doesn't affect the number of bcrypt cores you can fit in a chip).

OK. When I have some extra time, I will try some experimentations to
comprove that.

Regards,

Yuri Gonzaga

Content of type "text/html" skipped