Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 22:33:53 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Test vectors for bcrypt (GSoC)

Hi Sandeep,

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:04:41AM +0530, Sandeep Manchella wrote:
>    I have started working on the qualification task as suggested by
> you. I am almost finished with the implementation of bcrypt in vhdl, i
> wanna know if any test vectors are available so that i can check the
> implementation and fix errors if any.

There are some in the tests[] arrays in:

http://cvsweb.openwall.com/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/Owl/packages/john/john/src/BF_fmt.c?rev=HEAD
http://cvsweb.openwall.com/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/Owl/packages/glibc/crypt_blowfish/wrapper.c?rev=HEAD

and also on these wiki pages:

http://openwall.info/wiki/john/sample-hashes
http://openwall.info/wiki/john/Generating-test-hashes

You need those starting with "$2a$".

>    After i finish this i will start with the interfacing part, i will
> check the other mail for information regarding the interfacing and
> integration with jtr.

Sounds good.  Please be sure to show some code soon!

I suggest that you create this wiki page:

http://openwall.info/wiki/john/FPGA

You may start to use it similarly to this one:

http://openwall.info/wiki/john/GUI

(but with focus on source code and performance rather than on screenshots,
although those are desirable to provide as well if relevant).

Thanks,

Alexander