Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 04:09:48 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [openwall-announce] Linux 2.4.35-ow1

Hi,

I've just put out the Linux 2.4.35-ow1 patch.  This is merely an update
to Linux 2.4.35.

The patch is available at the usual location:

	http://www.openwall.com/linux/

The single known security-relevant change added with Linux 2.4.35 is
correction of the randomness pool update bug discovered by the PaX Team.
Other than that, Linux 2.4.35 includes several driver updates that add
support for newer hardware (e.g., for new revisions of Intel's Gigabit
Ethernet controller as found on many recent motherboards).

Chances are that I will release another update of the patch soon.  This
is also the reason why I am not yet updating Owl to use this new kernel.
No promises, though.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: 5B341F15  fp: B3FB 63F4 D7A3 BCCC 6F6E  FC55 A2FC 027C 5B34 1F15