Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 08:17:24 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com, owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [openwall-announce] Owl-current 2007/01/09 ISO

Hi,

The Owl build environment has been enhanced to automate the generation
of ISO-9660 images of Owl bootable CDs.  This should enable us to put out
updated ISOs of Owl-current more often, and we have just made one
available under /pub/Owl/current/iso on the FTP mirrors:

	http://www.openwall.com/Owl/DOWNLOAD.shtml

Please note that this ISO requires 700 MB media.  We're going to make
these fit onto 650 MB CDs again before the next release.

The following packages have been significantly updated since the 2.0
release, listed in order of first change: tar, bash, coreutils, sed,
iptables, John the Ripper, Nmap, GnuPG, Postfix, setarch, netlist,
gettext, db4, lftp, vixie-cron, Perl, acct, readline, chkconfig, vsftpd,
BIND, bison, libtool, make, Linux-PAM, e2fsprogs, which, automake,
patchutils, hdparm, Mutt, OpenSSL, gpm, gzip, the DHCP suite, OpenSSH,
screen, texinfo, RPM, the installer (owl-setup), and the Linux kernel.
The following new packages have been added: smartmontools and mkisofs.
Additionally, with the updated build environment (that is a part of Owl
as released to the public), Owl users will be able to generate their own
Owl ISOs.  As usual, these changes are documented here:

	http://www.openwall.com/Owl/CHANGES-current.shtml

This build environment update, as well as most package updates, is due
to work by Dmitry V. Levin.  Thank you, Dmitry!  Other major package
updates were made by (GalaxyMaster), Andrey V. Stolyarov a.k.a. Croco
(further work on the installer), Juan M. Bello Rivas (the DHCP suite),
as well as some by me.  Others have applied minor fixes, too.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: 5B341F15  fp: B3FB 63F4 D7A3 BCCC 6F6E  FC55 A2FC 027C 5B34 1F15