Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 01:01:55 +0400 (MSD)
From: Solar Designer <solar@...se.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: pam_passwdqc

Hi,

This is to announce the release of pam_passwdqc.

pam_passwdqc is a simple password strength checking module for
PAM-aware password changing programs, such as passwd(1).  In addition
to checking regular passwords, it offers support for passphrases and
can provide randomly generated passwords.  All features are optional
and can be (re-)configured without rebuilding.

The module has been tested with Linux-PAM only, but future versions
will likely support Solaris as well.

The URL is:

	http://www.openwall.com/passwdqc/

Other recent updates to the packages hosted at Openwall include the
update of the kernel patch for Linux 2.2.17 (no significant changes
have been done).  Given that I always update the patch for new 2.2
kernels, this didn't seem to be worth an announcement to this list.
If you expected me to announce regular updates of the kernel patch
here, please let me know and I'll change this policy.

Signed,
Solar Designer