John the Ripper has been developed and is maintained by Solar Designer.
I would like to thank the following people for their direct or indirect help in making John what it is now:
* Matthew Kwan - for producing and letting everyone use his optimized DES S-box expressions (previously found in nonstd.c and sboxes.c, now replaced with Roman Rusakov's).
* Bruce Ford and Rémi Guyomarch - for producing and permitting the use of their MMX implementation of Matthew Kwan's S-box expressions (previously found in x86-mmx.S and x86-sse.S, with modifications, now replaced with code based on Roman Rusakov's S-box expressions).
* Dumplinger Boy (Dango-Chu) - for producing and letting everyone use his optimized DES S-box expressions making use of a vector conditional select operation such as on PowerPC with AltiVec (previously found in sboxes-s.c, now replaced with Roman Rusakov's):
* Roman Rusakov - for the DES S-box expressions that current versions of John the Ripper use, as well as for optimization hints during early development of John the Ripper.
* Eli Biham - for the great "bitslice" paper:
* Lionel Cons - for making me add Kerberos AFS passwords support, for reporting some bugs, and for many good suggestions.
* stran9er - for tracking down the section alignment problem with MMX in the DOS and Win32 ports.
* Authors of the contributed patches ever listed on John the Ripper homepage and/or placed into contrib/ directory on the FTP server - for those patches which, while not included into the official John the Ripper for various reasons, are nevertheless very helpful to many users.
* All the people who have developed freeware crypt(3) implementations - for various tricks that I combined in my routines.
* Niels Provos and Poul-Henning Kamp - for original Blowfish-based and MD5-based crypt(3), respectively, that my implementations are compatible with.
* Alec Muffett - for the original wordlist rules syntax.
* The SOrCErEr - for proving the large charset tables are worth implementing, and for introducing "-groups" in his cracker.
* Jackal - for the format of john.pot and parts of the user interface.
* Anton Ertl - for "Labels as Values" optimization that I use in compiler.c:
* The developers of Cygwin - for Cygwin (at the time called Cygnus Developer's Kit) that I used for the Win32 port:
* DJ Delorie - for DJGPP that I used for the DOS port:
* Charles W Sandmann - for CWSDPMI, the DPMI server used with DJGPP.
$Owl: Owl/packages/john/john/doc/CREDITS,v 1.15 2011/06/22 13:03:43 solar Exp $