Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 22:41:00 -0600
From: will cunningham <willpanther@...il.com>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: changing/fixing the tarballs in the butch

OK I've got what I need loaded.  A couple pieces of business to close this
thread out...

You need to add xorg to the dependencies of qt4, or figure out what subset
of xorg it need to compile.  Building qt4 right after stage1 and core it
broke with a message something about an X11 lib, but after I installed xorg
it built fine.  The no cups addition to the pkg file worked.

I still get tarballs not downloading somewhat randomly, and I've found that
if it starts to download but doesn't complete, you have to go in
/src/tarballs and delete the source so it'll start fresh on the download
and not just try to work with what's there partially.  Also when something
doesn't build, rebuilding the last lib in the log and then restarting with
butch rebuild instead of butch install on the unfinished build usually gets
it done.  Not scientific, but trying several combinations to get apps built
this has worked for me.

Finally, it's time for me and Firefox to get a divorce.  It was wonderful
when we first got to watch x264 videos together on the web in the mid
2000s, but we've both gotten fatter since then and she's more interested in
younger kids who need more of her sexy features and resents my lack of
interest.  It just wouldn't load for me, and even crashed my system a few
times.  Sorry, but I just don't wanna spend more time on this faze of the
journey with an app I'm dumping soon anyway. I wanna play with gals with
less baggage from now on, even if they aren't in the in group.

I have all the base apps installed I need and I can start getting the
system configured/ready to add my meat n potato apps.

Thanks so much for your help,

Will

Content of type "text/html" skipped