Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 01:29:33 -0600
From: will cunningham <willpanther@...il.com>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: xorg no mouse or keyboard

Saboteurs,

My USB mouse and keyboard aren't working when I startx.  I go into the lxde
environment but then nothing.

If you can point me in the right direction; I'm a little confused about how
this goes into fbdev or not and reading files like /bin/X all the virtual
environment X configs.

I figured there's an xorg.conf file somewhere where I make sure all the
keyboard/mouse settings are OK, as we used to before X became kind of
automagic, but it looks like that's in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf

So I'd like to both get this working but also understand how I take control
of which X(xorg,Xfbdev,with vbox, with qemu) happens. Poking at xinitrc
isn't getting it done, so I must be missing something really obvious.

Thanks,

Will

Content of type "text/html" skipped