Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 07:42:27 -0400
From: LM <lmemsm@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Request for volunteers

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:

> 1. Put together a list of relevant conferences one or more of us could
>    attend in the next 4-6 months. I'm in the US and travelling outside
>    the country would probably be prohibitive unless we also find
>    funding, but anything in the US is pretty easy for me to get to,
>    and other people involved in the project could perhaps attend
>    other conferences outside the US.

Software Freedom Day is coming up.  If list members could mention it at
their local Software Freedom Day events that might help get the word out.
When I mentioned musl on my local Linux Users Group's mailing list, the
reaction I got was "wasn't that something that was used with embedded
systems".  Might help to let people know about some of the Linux
distributions out there that can be run with musl.  Ubuntu gave out free
DVDs of their distribution for various Software Freedom Day events.  Maybe
one of the musl based distributions could come up with an ISO for Software
Freedom Day and let the people involved with the event know about it.

Also think it would be useful to make sure musl is listed in the various
Open Source software listing web sites like http://alternativeto.net/ and
http://ostatic.com.

Sincerely,
Laura