Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 10:42:45 -0700
From: Isaac <idunham@...abit.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Request for volunteers

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 11:31:13PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 03:29:14PM -0700, idunham@...abit.com wrote:
> > > What might be better for the near future is to get the POSIX man pages
> > > project updated to match POSIX-2008+TC1 so that users of musl who want
> >
> > I seem to recall running across the request for this; IIRC, the
> > maintainer said he'd wait until TOG uploaded an nroff tarball for
> > POSIX2008.
>
> This sounds unlikely. My understanding was that the people who
> released the "3p" man pages generated them from the published POSIX
> spec (Issue 6) with the blessing of the Open Group to license them
> acceptably for distribution. I don't think the Open Group gave them
> nroff files though...

OK, it was the Debian maintainer, and I'm not sure exactly
what he meant:

I think it should be simple to convert the text to a man page once it's
in plain text format, and plan to write a shell script to do that for
my own use shortly; I could provide the script to others, though I'm
not sure about distributing the output myself.

Isaac Dunham