Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 23:51:17 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Request for volunteers

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 12:48:35PM +0200, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> * Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> [2013-06-30 01:52:02 -0400]:
> > 5. Rigorous testing. My ideal vision of this role is having somebody
> >    who takes a look at each bug fix committed and writes test cases
> >    for the bug and extrapolates tests for possible related bugs that
> >    haven't yet been found. And who reads the glibc bug tracker so we
> >    can take advantage of their bug reports too.
>
> i can look into this one

Excellent. If anybody on the team right now is the perfect person for
this task, it's you; I just wasn't clear on whether you'd have any
hope of having time for it.

If it's borderline whether you would or not, perhaps we could find
someone else to be a "research assistant" for the testing project.
This could involve tasks like:

- Reading the git log and making a list of noteworthy bugs to add
  regression tests for.

- Determining (perhaps via automated coverage tools) major code we
  lack any testing for.

- Cross-checking glibc bug tracker and/or glibc tests for issues that
  should be checked in musl too.