Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 18:31:35 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: links to some info/sources (Heirloom, pcc, ncurses)?

* Jens Staal <staal1978@...il.com> [2012-06-18 17:11:02 +0200]:
> I have seen some messages pass about someone setting up a
> musl-compiled pcc (and pcc-compiled musl) that was able to build
> Heirloom and I just wonder if there is a source for the pcc wrapper
> script used (similar to the musl-gcc one). I am interested in trying
> something similar in AUR (and put it in as an optional compilation
> alternative for the Heirloom packages), but my googling failed to find
> a good source.

building with pcc+musl:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2012/05/16/4
http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2012/05/17/4

i built heirloom with pcc+musl but i think the modifications
i used are mostly the same as the heirloom patches in sabotage

but i can dig up my scripts if you want

> The second question was regarding ncurses. Some utilities in Heirloom
> require curses but I fail to build it for musl - but it seems to be in
> Sabotage. Are there any good patches/tricks around to get it to build?

i managed to build ncurses with musl+pcc using -D_GNU_SOURCE etc

for heirloom i needed minor hacks like

echo '#include <ncurses/curses.h>' >include/curses.h
echo '#include <ncurses/term.h>' >include/term.h