Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 18:06:33 +0200
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Jens Staal <staal1978@...il.com>
Subject: Re: links to some info/sources (Heirloom, pcc, ncurses)?

On 06/18/2012 05:11 PM, Jens Staal wrote:
> The second question was regarding ncurses. Some utilities in Heirloom
> require curses but I fail to build it for musl - but it seems to be in
> Sabotage. Are there any good patches/tricks around to get it to build?
yes it is in sabotage.
https://github.com/rofl0r/sabotage/blob/master/pkg/ncurses
take a look at the build script.
in case you want a more specific answer, provide more specifics (such as
a buildlog).

btw, a much nicer terminal library than ncurses is available here:
https://github.com/nsf/termbox
this one is straightforward to use, supports UTF8 natively and adds only
about 20KB to a static binary.
might be an option for heirloom.
> Ps. has anyone tried replacing busybox with Heirloom in Sabotage? Ds.
no, after recent bughunt activities, busybox is now in a really good
shape (builds entire sabotage with stock utils).
i see no reason to switch to something else.