Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:41:36 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: links to some info/sources (Heirloom, pcc, ncurses)?

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 06:31:35PM +0200, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> > The second question was regarding ncurses. Some utilities in Heirloom
> > require curses but I fail to build it for musl - but it seems to be in
> > Sabotage. Are there any good patches/tricks around to get it to build?
> >

> i managed to build ncurses with musl+pcc using -D_GNU_SOURCE etc

Indeed, it's worked for a long time, but you need to disable the C++
interfaces if you don't have a working C++ toolchain. I don't think
the configure script does this by default. Actually ncurses has A LOT
of broken options by default which you need to fix when running
configure; for instance, it does not support UTF-8 unless you use
--enable-wide or something like that.

> for heirloom i needed minor hacks like
>
> echo '#include <ncurses/curses.h>' >include/curses.h
> echo '#include <ncurses/term.h>' >include/term.h

This is another issue: the installation paths and filenames. I don't
know the right option to make ncurses install itself as the default
curses library...