Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 15:25:04 +0300
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Johnny: plan of releases

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 04:17:17PM -0400, Mathieu Laprise wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com>
> wrote:
>
> > - 1.5.2 have multithreading, it causes minor problems because
> > processes go in parallel with user activities and may or may not give
> > expected results,
> >
> I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "may not give expected results"
> of hash type guessing.

I refer to

"Make HashTypeChecker more robust. In the rare case where john finished
by himself and we are doing the parsing on another thread, a user can
change file at the same time of the parsing(before the signal
typeChanged is emitted/or handled by MainWindow). By verifying the
file, we make sure the right information will be put in the tableview,
or ignored (2f242f5)"

I do not know if it is fixed or not. So I may be wrong adding the
point to the list.

Thanks!

--
Regards,